At Bresser's, as well as all other Direct Marketing Association (DMA) members, we appreciate the right of individuals to request that their name and/ or phone number be removed from marketing lists. The basis of our data comes from public sources, readily available to anyone. The following information should help in your endeavor to remove your information from marketing files. There are hundreds of LIST BROKERS in the U.S., your journey doesn't stop with us, the quickest way to be removed from the majority of marketing lists, is through the Direct Marketing Association's mail preference service and the National Do-Not-Call (DNC) list.
To be removed from our databases please write to us at the address listed below. Include name, address and phone number where applicable. Indicate removal of phone, name, or both. We cannot guarantee removal if the request is not complete or is not legible.
Our postal address is:
Bresser's Information Service
684 W. Baltimore
Detroit, MI 48202
Printed Directories and CD- ROMs: are compiled annually; once the directory is printed we cannot remove your information until the next publication. Note: these products are used by Police & Fire Depts. for address verification, so the deletion of your address from our products is not recommended!
Brokered lists: upon request we will supply you the name and address of our data partners to facilitate your removal from their files.
Other helpful Links
- National Do Not Call Registry - allows users to register a phone number for the National Do Not Call Registry, verify or delete a registration, and file a complaint.
- DMA Non-solicitation No mail list - all the major Compiler and List owners access this list to keep their files up to date with regards to non-solicitation.
- Experian - you also may contact Experian directly to be suppressed from Experian's marketing lists by calling toll-free (800) 407-1088 or by sending your complete name (including any name variations), mailing address and complete telephone number (including area code) to:
Experian Consumer Services
901 West Bond Street
Lincoln, NE 68521
- infoUSA.com - information compiled from public sources. To request to be removed from infoUSA.com's database, send your request to:
5711 South 86th Circle
Omaha, NE 68127
Or, you can fax your request to (402) 331-0176.
As a Marketer it is your duty to know and adhere to the Federal & State Laws as they regard to Marketing. Below is a valuable list of links to, Federal Do Not Call Registry, TCPA information, and other Non-solicitation/Privacy resources.
- Federal Do Not Call Registry - allows you to register as a Telemarketer and access the do not call list. The first 5 Area codes are free, fee based after that.
- State Do Not Call laws
- Can-Spam Act of 2003 - features the final text of bill S. 877 as it was passed by the senate and signed into law by the President.
Need Help finding or building an Opt-in file?
Bresser's can help you:
- Appending e-mails to existing client databases
- Take advantage of existing media forms to capture your own opt-in file
- Contact us to learn more